Monday, October 1, 2007

Logo Pools For First Tournament

Wow, after just one day and over 500 votes, it seems like you all, rather overwhelmingly, would like to see the AHL tournament go first. Still, just to let you all know what you're voting on, I'm posting the logo pools for both the AHL and ECHL.

AHL







There sure are a lot of red logos up there. But those 29 make up the AHL pool. So vote AHL if you want to vote on these logos first!


ECHL






At least this set is a little more varied in terms of color. These are the 25 logos that make up the ECHL pool. So vote ECHL if you want to vote on these logos first!

We'll get to other leagues in the future including, but not limited to the CHL, OHL, QMJHL, WHL, BCHL, EIHL, IHL, and USHL — just to name a few. It'll be more difficult for me to gather logos for lesser-known leagues to make graphics, so any help you guys might be able to offer would be enormously appreciated. You can email links or images to me at nhllogos@gmail.com.

UPDATE (10/2 3:06 PM): Made some updates to these pools. On the AHL side, I updated the logos for Bridgeport, Lake Erie, Manchester and Manitoba. (I know some of you have told me the wordmark is no longer part of the logo for the Moose, but that's what they use on the web site. I'd be happy to change it, but I'll need a good graphic source. I haven't found an image large enough to make a graphic out of yet. If you can help with that, email me.)

For the ECHL, I added the Gwinnett Gladiators logo which somehow got overlooked when I was transferring files.

Once again, let me know if there's anything else I need to change to get prepared for the new tournament. Thanks everybody!

UPDATE (10/7 10:11 AM): Just updated a few more logos in these two pools. Got rid of the wordmark in the Manitoba logo for the AHL and added better graphics for Elmira, Idaho, Mississippi and Pensacola of the ECHL. Enjoy!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its hard to tell because theres no close up but you might be a bit off on the falcons logo,but then again a could be wrong.

Anonymous said...

why not put the actual lake erie monsters logo on there? in my opinion, that one is alot better than the one on the jerseys.

millertime said...

The falcons logo is incorrect according to there website, the logo site, and NHL 08.

Anonymous said...

The Falcons logo looks fine to me...

http://www.falconsahl.com/index.php

Anonymous said...

For the Lake Erie monstors u r using the alternate logo. even though it appears on there jersey the m with a hockey puck isnt the logo. its the monster head above water logo, that is ther main logo.

Anonymous said...

why is the worcester sharks logo the same as the old sj sharks logo?

Atownjacket said...

where's the gwinnet Gladiators??!! (echl)

Chris said...

Thanks for the input everybody. I'm not sure which Falcons logo you guys are referring to, so here are links to large versions of both. You can double check for me.

Springfield Falcons (AHL)
Fresno Falcons (ECHL)

I can't believe I forgot the Gwinnett Gladiators! I know I made the graphic, so it must've just gotten lost somewhere along the way when I was transferring files. I'll make sure it's up later today.

Also, I'll adjust the Lake Erie Monsters to the primary logo instead of the one on the jersey. I guess that one threw me for a bit of a loop.

And according to their web site, the Worcester Sharks' logo is the San Jose Sharks' old logo. I'm just using the version without the wordmark over it.

Thanks for all the help guys! I really appreciate. If you see anything else, please let me know.

Anonymous said...

the moose's logo is wrong...there is no wordmark on the jersey logo anymore

here is what they currently use

http://eteamz.active.com/93manitobamoose/images/moose3rd.jpg

Mr. Negative said...

There's no rush brother, let's get to all those leagues eventually!
OHL is defiantly one I want to see!

Brandon said...

Hey, cool site. I'll be sending all my readers over here tonight.

Anonymous said...

for the EcHL you forgot the gulls

Anonymous said...

you also forgot the Ice piolots

Chris said...

for the EcHL you forgot the gulls

I'm fairly sure the San Diego Gulls folded last summer and therefore don't exist anymore. There is no reference to them on the ECHL's official web site.

you also forgot the Ice piolots

Take another look. The Pensacola Ice Pilots are there. Just below the Gladiators, to the left of the Roadrunners, and above the Wildcatters.

Anonymous said...

The logo site is incorrect then because it shows that the piolots have a different logo

Anonymous said...

The mid atlantic hockey league has some really cool logos but only has six teams. You could put them into this but sticking them in the ahl or echl brackets

Chris said...

The logo site is incorrect then because it shows that the piolots have a different logo

Do you mean to say that the Ice Pilots' official web site itself has the wrong logo? Iol

I'm sticking with the one I've got. In the meantime, check out their site.

http://www.icepilots.com/

Anonymous said...

when I said the logo site I ment chris creamer's sports logo.net

Chris said...

when I said the logo site I ment chris creamer's sports logo.net

Oh, I'm sorry. Yes, that's true. The minor league logos don't seem to be updated accurately on that site so I have to go elsewhere. Apologies for the confusion.

Anonymous said...

Chris Why don't you use Worcester's Road jersey logo(shield) so that it's something differant and people don't confuse it with the old sharks logo...? just a thought. BTW your site is awesome and your doing a great job.